10/8/10

The Tornado/Sock Dream

     I was at Christmas with my family in Cabot, but for some reason my dad wasn't there.  So I was going to go call him, but my phone wouldn't work.  I decide to go all the way to my parents' house to go get him.  So, I get in my car and I'm driving down 67/167 (the wrong way to get to my parents' house by the way) when I see these huge, really black clouds ahead.  I mean, they are these masssive, completely black and crazy looking clouds that I'm pretty sure don't really exist in nature and if they do I hope to never encounter them.  They're big and menacing but they're moving away from me.  Then a see a tornado touch down and I think, as any normal person should, oh I should probably pull over.  But instead, I decide the clouds look like they're heading the other way so I'm going to just keep driving (dream Sara is not an incredibly wise person).  One of the black clouds passes over my car and everything goes completely pitch black.  I feel my car being lifted off the ground and then put back down. 
     I get out of my car and realize it's not driving anywhere far from there.  So I drive it to the other side of the road and park it somewhere where I think it won't get towed.  Then these two ladies come over (who happened to be Ms. Garrett and Ms. Crain if you ever worked at Crystal Hill) and say they can figure out exactly where to put my car so it will be the safest for the low price of $7.50.  Being the cheap person that I am, I refuse to pay that and say I'm fine with where it is.  I'm going to walk at this point and there are some people actually waiting on me (not too sure where they came from).  Where my car was, this building appeared (since they often build buildings over the freeway?), but I realize that this building is starting to collapse.  I run and get out of there just as the giant garage door is crashing down.  However, I realize that my phone and my glasses are still in there.
     I'm going to walk but I don't have any shoes on (apparently I was feeling the shoeless Arkansan stereotype that day).  I look down and a pair of my shoes are on the ground (that same shoe that was featured on an episode of Lost I might add).  So I get out my purse socks (my favorite pair of socks that live in my purse for such an occasion as this) but I realize one of my socks is still in that building.  Apparently, I care more about those socks than my phone or glasses because I am determined to go back into the collapsing building to find my sock (like I said, dream Sara is not very wise).  The building has that weird garage door and I somehow lift it (dream Sara is incredibly strong on the other hand) and I spot my sock.  I run in and get it just in time.  I put on my socks and shoes on and me and my people that came out of nowhere start walking.  After a pretty short walk, we end up at the church and I start talking about how I wonder if insurance will cover what just happened to my car.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have crazy dreams every night? Also, very funny and slightly unfortunate that Ms. Garrett and Ms. Crain appeared in your dream trying to con you out of 7.50. lol.

    ReplyDelete