10/14/10

The Mediterranean Sea Eating People Dream

     I was riding my bike to the bank (wasn't feeling the car that day I guess) and one of my tires goes flat.  I realize it but keeping going and make it to the bank. I'm trying to get out some money but the bank is having issues so I can't get the money I need.  I leave and see a group of people I know a little ways down the street. 
     We're by this river and it's got these huge waves going and there are people's houses lined down this river like it was a street.  As the waves are going I see that people are in the river in front of their houses.  But then they disappear like the river is eating them.  It, for obvious reasons, freaks me out but the group of people I'm with go down the river a little ways and there is a part of it that's like a pool.  They're all excited about swimming so they all get in. 
     Emily (my roommate) is there and she tells me to come get in, too.  However, I did just watch this same river eat people just a few minutes ago so I'm a little leery.  Against my better judgement, I go ahead and get in with everyone.  In my head, I know that this is the Mediterranean Sea.  When I get in the water stings, like when you have a cut and you get in a chlorine pool.  Except it stings everywhere.  It was a really weird feeling but I guess I got used to it.  I'm not nervous anymore about it eating me because I can feel the bottom of the pool. 
     Then we all get out and I go somewhere where there is a class of kids.  I'm with Leigh Thomas and we're sending these kids to the bathroom.  They're being really noisy so I get them quiet in my fantastic second grade teacher way that I do (it was good to know I still had it).  They all go and come back and they're sitting down in desks.  On the wall, there is a pocket chart and spelling words in them.  I say how much I'd love to do the spelling lesson since I haven't gotten to do one since I taught second grade.  So Leigh hands me the spelling words.  Dream over.

No comments:

Post a Comment